LIVERPOOL, Pa. (WHTM) – Authorities have released the names of an elderly Perry County couple who died in a house fire Wednesday afternoon.
Ronald L. Miller Sr., 84, and his wife, 82-year-old Alice I. Miller, died in the fire at 601 North Front Street in Liverpool, state police said in a news release.
The couple was trapped in the home when firefighters arrived around 3 p.m. Firefighters tried to rescue them but could not.
A fire marshal determined the cause was “accidental due to the careless use of a propane heater being used in close proximity to combustible materials in the living room,” police said in the news release.