What’s the real purpose of the mid-court line in basketball? The answer to that question could change the way you work.
Consultant, motivational speaker, and trainer Marvin Worthy joins Amanda St. Hilaire, Dennis Owens, and Kendra Nichols for the latest episode of On Deadline to discuss lessons in “conditioning from the neck up.” Worthy spells out ways we can train our brains to control emotions and make better decisions, in both sports and life.
In this episode, you’ll learn what it takes to motivate different types of people, how to avoid being THAT parent on the sidelines, and what basketball can teach you about your boss.
Dennis also gives a quick lesson on how the state budget battle affects your personal finances.
Subscribe to On Deadline in Apple Podcasts (iTunes) or Google Play Music to get episodes automatically delivered to your phone, tablet or computer each week. You can also listen on Stitcher, TuneIn, or in the player below:
Write a review, send us an email, or message us on Facebook to share your thoughts or suggest a topic for discussion. You can also record voice memos and email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are links and references from this week’s episode:
- Worthy Consulting website with information about training, workshops, clinics, and motivational speaking
- The episode about food (not guilt)
- Is it time to freak out about climate change?
- Why college costs are skyrocketing, and what you can do about it
- Confederate monuments: Preserving prejudice, or history?