LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) – An electrical malfunction ignited a fire that destroyed a Jeep Wrangler and another car parked next to it at a Lancaster Township apartment building.
Township fire officials said the Jeep’s owner heard his car alarm around 2 a.m. Monday. When he went to investigate, he saw his 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited in a ball of fire.
The Jeep and a 2001 Buick Century were a total loss.
Fire officials said the stubborn fire was fed by leaking gasoline and burning magnesium components in the Jeep’s engine and dashboard.