Ashes from charcoal grill spark York fire

Courtesy: York City Department of Fire/Rescue Services

YORK, Pa. (WHTM) – Eight people are out of their home after a fire in York Sunday morning.

The fire broke out around 11 a.m. on the 700 block of West Market Street.

Investigators say the fire, which started on a second floor balcony, was accidental. The cause was determined to be hot ashes from a charcoal grill.

The American Red Cross is assisting the six adults and two children who were displaced by that fire.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s