‘Tis the season for public outrage. Every year around this time, there are controversial stories about Christmas symbols being removed from public property and the struggle over “Happy Holidays” vs. “Merry Christmas.” Amanda St. Hilaire, Kendra Nichols, Dennis Owens, and guest-host Chris Davis discuss what some call the “War on Christmas” and how it fits into a society of the perpetually-offended. They also talk about the latest Russian hacking details, along with efforts to cut back on river pollution and what will happen when Pennsylvania falls short of its EPA-mandated goals.
Below are links and references from this week’s episode:
- School cancels play following complaints about famous line, education concerns
- Knightstown’s Christmas tree fight will continue
- Obamas’ holiday card doesn’t mention Christmas for 8th year
- Saving the Susquehanna: What happens after Pennsylvania misses interim pollution goals?
- McCain calls for committee to investigate Russia hacking