DANCING WITH THE STARS LIVE TICKET CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Dancing With the Stars Live Ticket Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WHTM TV Channel 10 (“abc27”) and Dancing with the Stars: Live! A Faculty Production in Association with BBC Worldwide (“DWTS: Live!”) (together, the “Promotion Parties”). Promotion is only offered in the abc27 viewing area within the Pennsylvania counties of Adams, Berks, Centre, Chester, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Union and York and the Maryland counties of Baltimore, Carroll, Cecil, Frederick, Harford and Washington (the “Promotion Area”). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
2. Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. abc27 shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding calls, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all its decisions are final. By participating, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
3. Promotion begins on December 9, 2016 and ends on December 16, 2016. Weekly games (each, a “Weekly Game”) to determine potential winners will be held on December 9, 2016 and December 16, 2016. abc27’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. For Promotion information and announcements, visit http://www.abc27.com (the “Promotion Page”).
5. To be eligible, each participant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal United States resident living in the Promotion Area (above).
6. Employees of abc27, Media General, Inc. (“Media General”), DWTS: Live!, any other radio, television, or print media operations in the Promotion Area, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of the Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, and children) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together (part-time or full-time) in a single residence, whether or not related.
7. In addition, you are not eligible to win a prize in this Promotion if anyone in your household has won and received a prize with a stated value of up to six hundred dollars ($600) in any abc27-sponsored promotion in the sixty (60) days prior to the date of any prize notification in this Promotion.
PRIZES & ODDS
8. Weekly Prizes (2): Four (4) tickets (Tier 3 Seating) to Dancing with the Stars: Live! – We Came To Dance Tour (the “Show”) at American Music Theater (“AMT”), 2425 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17605. The first Weekly Prize winner will receive tickets to the 7:30 PM January 4, 2017 performance and the second Weekly Prize winner will receive tickets to the 7:30 PM January 5, 2017 performance. Approximate Retail Value: $300.
9. The odds of winning depend on the number of calls received. Limit one (1) prize per household.
10. Prize tickets are valid only on the dates set forth above in the prize description or on the tickets or passes. Exact seat locations (if applicable) will be determined by AMT. Use of tickets or passes is subject to all AMT rules, regulations, policies and restrictions. Visit https://amtshows.com or call (717) 397-7700 for more information. Guests may be required (or their respective parents or legal guardians may be required) to sign liability waivers and/or publicity releases prior to receipt of prize passes or tickets. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Show or closure of the AMT or any other inability to use prize tickets or passes in whole or in part and the terms and conditions on, or applicable to, the tickets or passes will govern in such event. Promotion Parties will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of any winner or guest.
11. Each winner and his or her guests agree to comply with all applicable AMT regulations and policies in connection with any prize and/or any prize component and acknowledge that AMT may remove or deny entry to any person, including any winner or guest, who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other AMT visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any AMT policies.
12. All prize details shall be at abc27’s sole discretion. Each winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, tips, gratuities, parking, concessions, souvenirs, merchandise, all transportation, travel or lodging, food, beverages, snacks, and personal items. Any person who wins prizes through any abc27-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
13. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive any prize is not transferrable. Any prize or portion thereof not used or accepted by any winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted. Prizes may not be substituted except that abc27 in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
14. Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Promotion Parties. Promotion Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
15. Weekly Games to determine potential winners will be held on December 9, 2016 and December 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”). To play:
a. Step 1: Watch: First, watch abc27 News at 5 (the “Program”) at 5:00 PM on channel 10. During the Program, a “cue to call” will appear on screen during a commercial break, along with the Promotion phone number.
b. Step 2: Call: When the Promotion phone number appears, call the Promotion phone number indicated. Subject to verification of eligibility, the twenty-seventh (27th) caller, as determined by abc27 in its sole discretion, will be declared the Weekly Prize winner.
16. If any potential winner declines the prize or is immediately disqualified or determined to be ineligible for any reason, abc27 will repeat the process with the next caller until a potential winner can be confirmed or until either the Program concludes or no callers remain and no calls have been received for fifteen (15) minutes or more, whichever occurs first, in which case, no further attempts will be made and that prize will not be awarded.
17. If fewer than twenty-seven (27) calls are received during either Weekly Game, abc27 reserves the right in its sole discretion, to award the corresponding prize to the last caller, or not to award the corresponding prize at all. All dates and times are subject to change in the event of technical issues or human error affecting any scheduled broadcast of the Program or any selection process, or in the event of breaking news or national or local emergency or condition that is of greater public importance, than the timely broadcast of the Program as scheduled, in abc27’s sole discretion. If any of the foregoing result in the non-broadcast of the Program during the scheduled broadcast time, abc27 reserves the right in its sole discretion, to replay the relevant Weekly Game on a different day or at a different time, roll the corresponding prize forward into future Weekly Games, if any, or to not award the corresponding prize, or otherwise to handle such issues as it deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances. abc27 will not be responsible for breaking news preemption, weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, strike, work stoppage, natural disaster, technical malfunctions, scheduling conflicts, non-broadcast, out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, or any other events or occurrences that may result in the modification or cancellation of any scheduled Program by abc27 in its discretion.
18. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or methods or agents to call is prohibited and will void all calls made or attempted by that participant. No group submissions will be accepted.
19. Each potential winner may be required to provide a working daytime telephone number and/or valid e-mail address. abc27 is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable because of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a telephone number, the call will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the telephone number from which the winning call originated or that was provided at time of the original call. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the telephone number by the corresponding telecommunications company. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any participant, the potential winner agrees to furnish requested documentation confirming his/her status as the Authorized Account Holder.
20. Participants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by abc27. abc27 is not responsible for calls that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such calls are void. abc27 reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any call at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules.
21. Each potential winner may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents and to provide such documents to abc27 within ten (10) days of winning call and as a condition of receiving prize. abc27 in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Winners must pick up prize tickets at the Will Call Window at Show venue (AMT).
22. If any potential winner (a) does not satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (b) declines to accept the prize or (c) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, abc27 in its discretion may disqualify that individual and that prize will not be awarded.
23. abc27 may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winners’ names on the Promotion Page and/or any of abc27’s websites, including http://www.abc27.com, and on or in any of abc27’s social media pages or channels, and broadcast them on any of abc27’s stations.
24. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to award abc27 the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on abc27’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
25. By participating in the Promotion or accepting any prize, you agree that abc27, DWTS: Live!, Media General, Facebook, Inc., any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for calls that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by abc27 by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants or other participants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of any cue to call, winners or prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any call-related information; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of calls, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
26. RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO ANY PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROMOTION OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF ANY PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE PROMOTION OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE PROMOTION.
27. By participating in the Promotion or accepting any prize, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation or inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity; (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of call materials during or after the Promotion; (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize; and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
28. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION OR ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
29. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
30. abc27 reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, if abc27 determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond abc27’s control. In such an event, abc27 will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winners by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect calls received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion, conducting one (1) or more Weekly Games, or by selecting winners in such other manner as abc27, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
31. abc27 reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if abc27 concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the call-in or other game process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards abc27 or any other Promotion Party or participant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to play more than the number of times permitted herein, including by using any prohibited device or method. Any failure by abc27 to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
32. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND ABC27 RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
33. All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If abc27 determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of any participant with the Official Rules, abc27 reserves the right to disqualify such participant from the Promotion and any prize at any time. abc27 reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if abc27 determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on abc27. Each participant agrees to cooperate with abc27 and its representatives in connection with all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
34. abc27 reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, abc27 reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
35. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Pennsylvania law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania. By participating in the Promotion or accepting any prize, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
36. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
37. Facebook is not a sponsor or endorser of this Promotion or of abc27. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners and the use or mention of any such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES
38. For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners’ List, visit the Promotion Page or http://www.abc27.com or mail a SASE to: Dancing With the Stars Live Ticket Contest c/o abc27, 3235 Hoffman Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110, specifying either “Winners’ List” or “Official Rules.” Winners’ List will be available after January 16, 2017.