During the upcoming holiday season when we are all experiencing an abundance of food; we ask that the public becomes aware of the great needs that exist in our community.
“WHTM families could adopt a family to support over the holidays,” says Distribution Manager Christie Livengood.
Power Packs asks for support for families that are under-served. A gift of $50 to Power Packs will feed a family every weekend from Thanksgiving through Christmas. Other gift ideas can be found on their website PowerPacksProject.org
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna – about 4 servings
3 medium sized spaghetti squash
1 can or jar tomato sauce
1 pound ground turkey cooked with 1/2 chopped onion and drained
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Optional: Medley of sautéed veggies if so desired
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Place squash on a baking sheet, and bake 40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, cool, and shred pulp with a fork.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown add tomato sauce into the skillet, and season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper..
5. Spread half the shredded squash into casserole dish. Layer with ground beef and sauce. Add another layer of squash and top with cheese,
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Cost of the meal: about $5.75