Halifax fire, caused by gas grill, displaces 20

Photo courtesy: Lydia Faust
Photo courtesy: Lydia Faust

HALIFAX, Pa. (WHTM) – Fire officials say a gas grill is to blame for displacing 20 people after a fire in Halifax Thursday evening.

halifax_fire_2Crews responded around 4:15 p.m. to the 300 block of Armstrong Street.

According to fire officials, someone was using a gas grill and walked away. The gas tank exploded, catching one home on fire.

The fire then spread to a neighboring home.

Eight adults and 12 children are displaced.

There were no injuries.

Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet.

1 thought on “Halifax fire, caused by gas grill, displaces 20

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s