4C Foods is recalling some of its grated cheese products because of potential Salmonella contamination.
The company said no illnesses have been reported, but it’s voluntarily recalling the products out of an abundance of caution.
The recall is for 4C, 4C Homestyle, and Cento-brand grated cheese products sold in six-ounce glass jars with “Best By” dates between Nov. 12, 2016 and Nov. 12, 2018, as follows:
– 4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
– 4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
– 4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
– 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
– 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
– 4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
– Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
– Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
Consumers are asked to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Salmonella infection can cause fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. Infections are sometimes fatal in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.