Mean tweets, cruel comments, and internet trolls aren’t only directed at people in the public eye. How do you respond? What kind of effects do they have? Are words really just words? In the latest episode of On Deadline, Kendra Nichols, Dennis Owens, and Amanda St. Hilaire tell you what they truly think about the emails and social media posts they encounter through their work. They also discuss a week-long investigative series about the myths, facts, debates, and media coverage surrounding guns, plus the settling of the dust following Donald Trump’s election win.
Here are some links and references from this week’s show:
- The stories in Kendra’s gun series will be posted here throughout the week. She will have a different story each day from Nov. 14 – Nov. 18.
- County-by-county election results map from Politico
- “Anti-Trump protesters march by tens of thousands nationwide”
- “Trump names new senior aides who are a sharp contrast”
- “President-elect Trump speaks to a divided country on 60 Minutes”