HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – ‘Tis the season for seasonal holiday jobs. Retailers and distribution centers across the Midstate are getting ready for this year’s busy shopping season by hiring more workers.
Shipping giant UPS announced Wednesday it’s hiring an additional 1,563 employees in the area. The jobs available include seasonal and permanent positions, with part-time jobs including package handlers, drivers and driver-helpers that start from $10 to $18 an hour.
UPS isn’t the only company needing help. Colonial Park Mall is looking to hire for the holidays, too.
“What’s so great to take a temporary job during the holidays, make a little extra money, so many times can turn into a permanent job because of someone leaving or the store needing that extra person that they found out over the holidays they needed,” mall marketing director Susan Ariail said. “It’s just a great way to turn that part-time job into a full-time career.”
UPS says over the past holiday seasons, nearly 40 percent of those hired for seasonal jobs became permanent employees.The company is hiring at the following facilities in the Harrisburg area:
• Harrisburg – 1821 South 19th Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104
• Lancaster – 1155 Enterprise Road, East Petersburg, PA 17520
• Middletown – 298 Airport Drive, Middletown, PA 17057
• Allentown – 2301 Highland Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18020
• State College – 2731 Carolean Industrial Drive, State College, PA 16801
• Scranton – 5 Stauffer Industrial Park, Taylor PA 18517
• Wilkes-Barre – 111 Armstrong Road, Pittston, PA 18640
For more information on jobs with UPS, visit www.upsjobs.com.
For information on jobs at the Colonial Park Mall, visit the information booth or their website, colonialparkmall.com/jobs.