By Seena Chriti of Food Wonders TV
- 2 lb. fresh fish that is not greasy
- 1 onion cut in Julian strips
- 1 aji lime or if not aji chili for those who do not live in Peru
- 10 limes
- 1 boiled large sweet potato or 2 medium
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 boiled choclo which is corn with large kernels. It can be found in Latin stores. In Mexico it is known as corn pozolero
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the fish in 2 cm. pieces
- Cut the aji limo. Be very careful because it is very spicy and hot. Put it in a glass bowl.
- Add the cut fish to the bowl, squeeze the limes over the fish until it is covered. Add salt and pepper, half teaspoon of crushed garlic, the onion which has been sliced in Julian strips and chopped cilantro
- Add ice cubes for three minutes to cool the mixture
- Let the fish soak for as long as you like depending on how cooked you want it. Normally you let it rest for 10-20 minutes. Serve on a platter, decorating with cubes of boiled sweet potato and the boiled corn on each side. The ceviche is served with lime to give flavor to the choclo and the sweet potato.