Slow Cooker Pizza by Power Packs
- Box Pizza Crust
- Cooking spray or olive oil to coat slow cooker
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or diced tomatoes
- Toppings of your choice ( ½ cup diced chicken, ½ cup sautéed vegetables)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Make Pizza Dough Mix according to directions on package.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. Unroll the crust dough and place on the bottom of the slow cooker and let it come up on the sides about an inch.
- Add pizza sauce or diced tomatoes on top of the dough and add the rest of the toppings you choose.
- Cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours (the sides of the pizza will pull away from the slow cooker and begin turning brown) then uncover and let cool for about 20-30 minutes. The pizza should be able to be lifted from the slow cooker using two spatulas.
- Slice, serve, and ENJOY!
Bonus ways to add nutrition to pizza:
- sautéed mushrooms
- sautéed crumbled sausage or bacon
- thinly sliced zucchini
- thawed frozen peas
- canned, drained white beans (good protein source)
A basic pizza recipe costs about $5.50 and cost will vary depending on what items you add