Make room burritos, ’cause there’s a new contender in town, and they’re going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You’re going to wish you had more hands.
What You’ll Need:
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup corn
1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, chili powder, and cumin; mix well and set aside. In another small bowl, combine salsa and corn.
3. Unroll dough onto lightly floured cutting board and cut into 6 equal squares.
4. Evenly spread cream cheese mixture onto each square, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top 1/2 of each piece of dough evenly with chicken, salsa mixture, and cheese, then fold each into a triangle. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Place on baking sheets.
5. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
© 2016 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.