Enjoy a tropical dinnertime meal with this recipe for Coconut-Crusted Pork Chops. A coconutty crust and some flavorful spices gives these baked pork chops an exotic island taste that’s undeniably delicious.
What You’ll Need:
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 (1/2-inch thick) bone-in pork chops
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons diced red onion
1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, coconut, chili powder, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
3. Evenly sprinkle both sides of pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place chops in coconut mixture and coat well on both sides. Place on baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or to desired doneness.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients including remaining salt; mix well. Serve pineapple salsa over pork chops.
© 2016 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.