My mom’s favorite ingredients, all rolled into one fabulous dish named after her! It takes a bit of time, but the final presentation is worth it! Wonderful for your upcoming Mother’s Day brunches, First Holy Communions, bridal and baby showers. Mangia!
· 4 chicken Breasts, pounded thin
· ½ to 1 cup seasoned all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
· 3 tablespoons EVOO for chicken; plus 2 Tblsp for sauce
· 2 tablespoons butter; plus 2 Tblsp to finish sauce
· 2 Tablespoons of capers
· 1 Tablespoon chopped carlic
· 1 good pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
· 1 cup of your favorite white wine (whatever you would enjoy drinking)
· 1 cup chicken broth
· 2 lemons, juice & zest
· 1 cup chopped artichokes (and some of the artichoke juice or oil)(save a few back to garnish the plate)
· 1 cup roasted tomatoes or sundried tomatoes, or fresh baby tomatoes (save a few back to garnish the plate)
· 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to finish
· Salt & pepper to your taste
· A bit of sugar, to your taste, if you like it a little sweeter
1. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, pound until thin (or ask your butcher to do this step).
2. Add EVOO & butter to pan until melted.
3. Add chicken to pan to cook chicken, 3 minutes each side, until browned. Remove from pan & add to a plate. Keep warm in tinfoil tent.
4. Add 1 Tblsp of EVOO.
5. Add pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
6. Add capers, chopped garlic & cook for 20 seconds, or until fragrant. DO NOT BROWN!
7. Add white wine, lemon juice & chicken stock, bring to a boil while scraping up all the brown bits from bottom of
the pan. (that’s the flavor is). Cook until reduced by half, 5 minutes.
8. Add artichokes, tomatoes, lemon zest
9. Add salt, pepper, sugar(optional)
10. Return chicken to pan & simmer for 5 minutes. Plate chicken.
11. Add 2 Tblsp butter & whisk vigourously to incorporte into sauce & thicken it.
12. Pour sauce over plated chicken & garnish with parsley, extra artichokes, extra tomatoes.