Celebrate Earth Day with a lunch you can gather from nature, courtesy of Shawn Bailey of Game On!
FORAGED PURSLANE WATERCRESS, DANDELION SALAD
Dandelion leaves – preferably the younger, paler leaves
Purslane (small leaved plant-red stemmed, common garden weed, used for ground cover, double the omega-3’s as Kale)
Watercress (perennial herb growing in shallow water, high in vitamin C, good source of omega-3’s)
Ingredients are best when eaten fresh. It is best to wash all plants before consuming.
MOREL MUSHROOM SOUP
12 ounces of morel mushrooms (can substitute domestic mushrooms)
1 celery stick
1 quart light cream
Broth of choice for fresh mushrooms
Preparation instructions –
1. If using dehydrated mushrooms, reconstitute.
2. sauté onions, celery and part of the mushrooms in butter until soft.
3. Add juice from rehydrated morels (or broth if using fresh mushrooms).
4. Put in pot, boil for 10 minutes.
5. Put in blender or mixer to make bisque consistency.
6. Return bisque to pot, add cream.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add remaining morels/mushrooms, whole or smaller pieces.
9. Cook 8 minutes.
10. Serve warm.