CT’s Orange BBQ’d Rib Tips by: C.T. Hailey
- 5 lbs. country style ribs (boneless, optional)
- 1 medium onion
- Salt and pepper
- 3 bottles barbeque sauce (user’s choice)
- Aluminum foil
- Wooden meat skewers
- ½ of an orange, cut into slices
- Fill a large cooking pot with the ribs and the sliced up medium onion. Add water to about the ¾ mark in the pot. Cook on high for approximately 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain ribs, saving at least ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Remove meat from bones and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place meat in large freezer bag or plastic container. Cover with two bottles of bbq sauce and left over liquid from cooking process.
- Massage rib tips and sauce together and allow to marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Take rib tips out and allow them to come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 275*.
- Take rib tips out of container and place in shallow, large enough baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 2 ½ hrs.
- At the 2 hr. mark, check a cube for tenderness. This will determine if you need to cook them for final 30 minutes.
- Once rib tips are completed, gently drizzle the third bottle of bbq sauce over the top. (How much will be determined by personal preference.)
- Take cubes, add to skewers (about 5 tips on each) and serve over white rice.
- Take 2 orange slices and garnish each plate.