This cookie bar recipe will make you feel like a billion bucks! Our Billionaire Bars feature a layer of crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies, ooey-gooey caramel, and sweet-as-can-be chocolate ganache. It’s dessert perfection!
What You’ll Need:
1 (11.2-ounce) package shortbread cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 (11-ounce) package caramels
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What To Do:
1. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely crushed. Place in a medium bowl, add butter, and mix well. Press cookie mixture firmly into bottom of baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine caramels and heavy cream; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Evenly pour over crust, spreading quickly before it hardens. Refrigerate 15 minutes, or until set.
4. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture over caramel and spread evenly. Refrigerate until set.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
© 2016 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.