Executive Chef John Reis of Hilton Harrisburg shares his recipe for Pan-Seared Hamachi with Bok Choy and Potato Cake.
4 each 4 oz. Hamachi
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
Salt and pepper
Preheat a heavy skillet to medium-high. Brush the Hamachi with the olive oil and rub in fresh garlic. Next, season both sides with salt and pepper.
When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and sear the fish until medium, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and place each fillet and keep warm.
Prepare the bok Choy and the potato cake
To serve, place the potato cake on center of bowl, then the Hamachi and then top with the bok Choy.
Drizzle some of the soy sauce around and over.
Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Ginger and Garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 cups Julienned bok choy
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Salt and ground black pepper
1 drop sesame oil
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
2. Add bok choy and soy sauce cook 3 to 5 minutes, until greens are wilted and stalks are crisp-tender. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper and the sesame oil
Crispy Mashed Potato Cakes
2 large Idaho potatoes, 2 pounds total weight
3 to 4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 scallions, very finely chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon chopped bacon ( optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1. Peel and dice potatoes and add to a large pot. Cover with water and salt the water. Bring to boil over medium heat, and cook until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and return to hot pot to dry. Transfer potatoes to a bowl.
3. Soften cream cheese in a microwavable bowl and microwave the cream cheese for 20 seconds on high. Add to the potatoes along with sour cream, scallions, bacon, egg, salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Mash potatoes to combine mixture. Turn them into 3oz potato cakes. Dredge them into seasoned breadcrumbs and set aside
Heat the oil and butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. place the potato cakes in the pan and sauté until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
5. Turn over and sauté for another 2 minutes