We “dressed-up” ordinary macaroni and cheese with a few extra-special ingredients to make for a crunchy, cheesy, creamy, Award-Winning Mac ‘n’ Cheese recipe. We’re sure your gang will agree that this macaroni and cheese recipe deserves an award for “Best Dinner in a Tasty New Role.”
What You’ll Need:
1 pound elbow macaroni
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 cups milk
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 6 ramekins or a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In the same pot over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add flour, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and paprika; mix well. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheeses and continue stirring until melted.
3. Return macaroni to pot and stir until well combined. Spoon into ramekins.
4. In a small bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave. Stir in crackers and mix until evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni.
5. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
© 2016 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated and © Prime Publishing LLC. All rights reserved.