Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won’t be able to stop snackin’ on. Bake these “doubly-orangey-good” cookies when you’re looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!
What You’ll Need:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice, divided
2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest, divided
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add 1 cup orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange zest; mix well.
3. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until well combined. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
5. In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar, the remaining orange juice, and remaining orange zest; mix well. Spoon icing over cookies and let sit until icing is firm.
© 2016 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.