PennDOT temporarily reduced the speed limit on several major roadways in central Pennsylvania due to winter weather.
Starting at 4 p.m. Monday, drivers were asked to lower their speed to 45 mph on the following highways:
- Interstate 81 in Franklin, Cumberland, Dauphin and Lebanon counties
- Interstate 78 in Lebanon County
- Interstate 83 in York, Cumberland and Dauphin counties
- Interstate 283 in Dauphin County
- Route 283 in Dauphin and Lancaster counties
- Route 22/322 in Dauphin County and Perry counties
- Route 581 in Cumberland County
- Route 11 in Franklin and Cumberland counties
- Route 15 in Adams, York and Cumberland counties
- Route 11/15 in Cumberland and Perry County counties
- Route 30 in York and Lancaster Counties
- Route 222 in Lancaster County, from Route 30 to Berks County line
As of 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, the speed limits were restored.