SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — If you are in the market for a new big-screen TV for the Super Bowl, here’s a helpful guide that shows you what to look for and how to get the best deals.
Right now it’s all about LED. These are the hot flat screen TVs. They are razor thin, energy efficient, super light-weight, they have a great bright picture for football.Best of all, they’re now very affordable.
Good LED TVs used to be $1,000 or more. Today, you can probably find a big 60″ LED for $400 -$500.
You will see new curved TVs out there that claim to make the TV watching experience more immersive.
I find that they don’t. I think it’s a gimmick and something that looks aesthetically cool but not worth the money. I say avoid them.
3D TVs? Same thing. it’s not like the movie theater experience, it’s gimmicky so just avoid it.
ON THE WEB
- Best Buy best TVs for Super Bowl – http://bit.ly/1Qa0SeV
- Best Buy TVs on sale this week, good deals – http://bit.ly/23aNNsQ
- Best Amazon TV deals – http://amzn.to/1nfOdhn
- Buying guide good info – http://cnet.co/TvtKpS
- Good tvs $300 – $5,000 – http://bit.ly/1RPP8BS
- All 4K Content Available – http://cnet.co/1BSuWCb