MECHANICSBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – Rock star Bret Michaels is doing his part to help a family left homeless after their house was destroyed by fire Wednesday.
The house on Hemlock Drive in Upper Allen Township was also Michaels’ childhood home.
In a statement on his website, Michaels said, “No doubt as a child I had a lot of great memories of my parents, sisters and friends in that house. It was sad to see the damage the fire had done but most important I’m glad that the family are ok from what I understand.”
Michaels also said he wants to reach out to the family and see how he can help.
He also said his thoughts and prayers go out to Toshia Rowland, Dan Krout and their children.
A Go Fund Me page was sent up to help the family with expenses. To donate to the page, click here.
The family is also in need of the following supplies:
- Little girls clothing size 8, 4, and 2-3
- Little boys clothing size 2-3 and 3-6 months
- Little girls shoe sizes 13-1, 9, and 8
- Little boy shoe size 5
- Toshia (Mother) wears size medium tops & size 3 pants
- DJ (Father) wears size medium tops & 28/30 pants
- The baby uses Similac Advanced formula
- Diapers size 2 and 3t
The supplies can be dropped off at the Upper Allen Fire Department, 104 Gettysburg Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.