The 12 Marines missing in Thursday’s helicopter crash in Hawaii have been identified. Among those names, is the name of a Cumberland County Marine.
According to the Associated Press, Sgt. Adam C. Schoeller, 25, of Gardners, Pennsylvania was on board one of the two helicopters that are missing after a nighttime training mission late Thursday.
The other missing Marines, including a Marine from Philadelphia, have been identified as:
– Maj. Shawn M. Campbell, 41, College Station, Texas.
– Capt. Brian T. Kennedy, 31, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
– Capt. Kevin T. Roche, 30, St. Louis, Missouri.
– Capt. Steven R. Torbert, 29, Florence, Alabama.
– Sgt. Dillon J. Semolina, 24, Chaska, Minnesota.
– Sgt. Jeffrey A. Sempler, 22, Woodruff, South Carolina.
– Sgt. William J. Turner, 25, Florala, Alabama.
– Cpl. Matthew R. Drown, 23, Spring, Texas.
– Cpl. Thomas J. Jardas, 22, Fort Myers, Florida.
– Cpl. Christopher J. Orlando, 23, Hingham, Massachusetts.
– Lance Cpl. Ty L. Hart, 21, Aumsville, Oregon.
Officials are searching for debris from the crash but rough conditions at sea are making it difficult.
The Coast Guard initially said the choppers collided but a Marine spokesman says he’s not sure because an investigation into the crash has not been completed.