Official says 3rd Bataclan attacker identified

Barack Obama
President Barack Obama, right, and French President Francois Hollande place flowers at the Bataclan, site of one of the Paris terrorists attacks, to pay his respects after arriving in town for the COP21 climate change conference Monday, Nov. 30, 2015, in Paris. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

PARIS (AP) – A French legal official says the third attacker at the Bataclan concert hall has been identified as a man from the eastern city of Strasbourg who left for Syria in 2013.

The official, who requested anonymity to give details of the ongoing investigation, did not provide the man’s name.

The latest information Wednesday means that all the attackers identified so far were French or Belgian, all native French speakers.

In all, 130 people died in the Nov. 13 attacks on Paris, with the worst of the carnage at the Bataclan.

All three Bataclan attackers were killed, two by detonating suicide vests and one who was shot by police.

(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s