Extension cord sparks York blaze

Courtesy York City Fire

An overheated extension cord to a space heater ignited in York Sunday afternoon, causing about $50,000 damage to a home.

It started around 5 p.m. on the 700 block of East Philadelphia St.  Flames were seen shooting from the second floor.

No injuries were reported.  A dog was pulled from the burning building.  It took crews about 30 minutes to fight the fire.

 

Courtesy York City Fire
Courtesy York City Fire
Courtesy York City Fire
Courtesy York City Fire

The American Red Cross is assisting two adults who were displace due to the fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s