2 Lancaster men headed to trial for shooting that wounded innocent bystander

Cesar O. Nunez, left, and Devin Garcia-Rogers. (Lancaster County District Attorney's Office)

LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) – Two city men are headed to trial for a shooting last summer that critically injured an innocent bystander.

Charges against 24-year-old Cesar O. Nunez were held for court following a preliminary hearing last week. His co-defendant, 19-year-old Devin Garcia-Rogers, waived his hearing.

Both men are charged with aggravated assault, conspiracy, illegal possession of firearms, and related counts.

Authorities said the pair was in a confrontation with another man on Aug. 19 and fired multiple shots in the 600 block of Columbia Avenue. A 54-year-old man who wasn’t involved in the confrontation was shot in the back and underwent life-saving surgery.

Police said they found packaged heroin inside the vehicle Garcia-Rogers drove from the scene. He is charged with felony drug-dealing.

Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download ABC 27 News for iPhone here or ABC 27 News for Android here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s