QUARRYVILLE, Pa. (WHTM) – A 12-year-old Lancaster County boy is facing charges for a bomb threat last week that forced evacuations of Swift Middle School and Claremont Elementary in the Solanco School District.
The Peach Bottom youth was responsible for a note that stated there was a “bomb in the school,” state police in Lancaster said. He told authorities he wrote the note as a “prank.”
The note was found in the middle school Friday morning. Students at Swift and the adjoining Claremont Elementary were transported to the high school and then dismissed early.
Police searched the school and found nothing suspicious.