Not everyone is super crafty and not everyone has the time to carve pumpkins. Here are some techniques from Thrifty Thursday’s Sarah Mock of HowIPinchAPenny.com that do not require a knife.
- Bring on the bling: Affix self adhesive rhinestones or add glitter to the stem.
- Tape it up: Duct tape comes in a lot of patterns. Work out the bubbles for a seamless look.
- Ready for football?: Paint an oblong pumpkin brown and a add electrical tape as laces.
- Chalkboard paint: Paint a few layers of chalkboard pain and you are able to change the look of the pumpkin daily.
Tip: Use Styrofoam pumpkins and bring them out year after year.
Additional tips for those who prefer to carve:
- Use a serrated knife
- Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to clean out the pulp
- Cut the carving hole from the bottom not the top
- Spray the cut pumpkin with a bleach/water solution to prevent mold growth
- For more or for free Disney themed Halloween pumpkin carving templates, visit HowIPinchAPenny.com.