HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – The 2015 All-American Dairy Show at the Pennsylvania Farm Show and Expo Center from September 12-17 featured nearly 2,600 of the best dairy cattle and more than 1,000 exhibitors in the United States and Canada.
The event has twenty-three dairy shows in six days, including four days dedicated to youth shows, contests, and programs.
Admission and parking at the Farm Show are free.
The event is being held at the Pennsylvania Farm Show and Expo Complex on 2300 North Cameron Street in Harrisburg.
Some things you can expect at the show:
- Saturday, September 12, 9 a.m. – Youth farmers and their dairy cattle from across Pennsylvania will compete in the PA State Junior Dairy Show. The cattle are judged on appearance, mobility, functionality, and more.
- Sunday, September 13, 9:30 a.m. – The Youth Showmanship Contest features Junior dairy cattle farmers from across the country and is the largest such contest in North America.
- Monday, September 14 – 8 a.m. The Premier National Junior Show gives youth a chance to showcase their animals against those of their peers. The Breeds Show concludes with the Supreme Champion Pageant at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 15 – 9 a.m. 4-H and FFA Dairy Judging Forum, and Junior Dairy Management Contest take place.
- September 11-16 – The All-Dairy Antiques and Collectibles Show. The show has earned a well-deserved reputation for attracting a wide variety of high quality, rare and unusual items. As the only known all-dairy antique show of its kind in the United States, it has developed into a valuable market for buying and selling high quality dairy antiques and collectibles.
The show will be open Noon – 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept 11, Saturday through Wednesday, Sept. 12-16, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For the full schedule go to, http://www.allamerican.state.pa.us/files/AADSSchedule.pdf.