Bake up a little pastry magic with our recipe for Lemony Cream Puffs. These easy pastry puffs are stuffed with a light lemon cream that’s unbelievably good. Of course, we like to make them even better by drizzling them with raspberry topping. It’s a dessert you just can’t miss out on!
What You’ll Need:
1 cup water
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs, at room temperature
1 (4-serving-size) package instant lemon pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup cold milk
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
1/3 cup raspberry jam, warmed
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat.
3. Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition. When dough is smooth, spoon 12 mounds (about 1/4 cup each) onto 2 baking sheets.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk lemon pudding and milk until well mixed. Add whipped topping and mix until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut about 1 inch off top of each cream puff and reserve top. Fill each puff with equal amounts of lemon mixture, replace tops, and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and drizzle with raspberry sauce when ready to serve.