• 8 C water
• 2 C cider vinegar
• 1/2 C sugar
• 1/2 C of pickling salt
• Enough pickling cucumbers to fill a gallon jar, scrubbed, tops cut off, cut lengthwise into halves or quarters
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 large onion sliced
• 1 teaspoon pickling spice
• 3 dill fronds with the flowers on top
• Mix the water, vinegar, sugar, and pickling salt together in a large pot and bring to a boil.
• Turn down to a simmer and cook until the dry ingredients are dissolved, then remove from heat and cool contents.
• Prepare your cucumbers by washing, taking off the blossom tops, and cutting into quarters lengthwise. In your gallon jar add the garlic cloves, dill, pickling spice and onion. Then pack the cucumbers into the jar tightly.
• Pour the cooled bring over the ingredients in the jar until contents are covered.
• Screw on the lid. Leave out at room temperature for a day, then refrigerate. You will achieve the best flavor after 3 weeks.