The American Trauma Society, PA Division (ATSPA) notes that fireworks are often part of Independence Day. It estimates that an average of 240 people per day are rushed to emergency departments with fireworks related injuries.
To avoid being one of those injuries, the American Trauma Society, Pennsylvania Division, encourages everyone to check out these safety tips:
- Never let children light or play with fireworks.
- Don’t attempt to relight or pick up fireworks that have not fully ignited.
- Keep a garden hose or bucket of water close by in case a fire ignites.
- Only use legal fireworks.
- Only light one firework at a time.
For more information on fireworks safety, visit ATSPA.org.