Now here’s a recipe that’s worthy of an extra-special brunch occasion. Our Overnight Stuffed Donuts are kind of like a cross between stuffed French toast and the best bread pudding you’ve ever tasted. This recipe is sure to start your morning off on a sweet note.
What You’ll Need:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons sugar
6 to 8 glazed donuts (depending on size)
1 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
1. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar.
2. Cut each donut in half and place bottom half in baking dish. Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over donut bottoms. Place remaining donut halves over cream cheese.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt; evenly pour over donuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Uncover baking dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm in center.
Note: Serve with fresh fruit, maple syrup, or a sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar.
© 2015 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.