Lebanon fire caused by unattended frying oil

Officials say a fire in Lebanon was caused by frying oil, left unattended on a stove.

The fire happened at 420 New Street on Wednesday morning in a second-floor apartment.

According to officials at the scene, the woman who lives in the second-floor apartment made french fries and then left the frying oil on the stove, with the burner on.

Officials say that woman then left the apartment to go to the store around 10 a.m. Wednesday and the frying oil got so hot it caught fire.

The second-floor apartment is a total loss, officials say the damage totals $125,000.

Another woman lived on the first-floor apartment, officials say she made it out safely.

Both women will be displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Fire officials say the home did not have working smoke detectors.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s