Spice up your Cinco De Mayo with this Mayan Pumpkin Seed Dip from Dark Star Farm in Littlestown.
2 ounces green pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup minced sweet onion
2 tsp. minced Habenero chile
Coarse salt to taste
1 1/2 cups diced tomato
1 Tbs. chopped cilantro leaves
Lime juice to taste
1. Place pumpkin seeds in a dry saute pan over medium and toast them **DO NOT BROWN***.
2. When cooled transfer to a blender and pulverize to a coarse powder.
3. Combine the onion, chiles and some salt into molcajete or mixing bowl and mash.
4. Add the tomatoes and pumpkin seeds and mash into a coarse puree.
5. Stir in 2 tsp. cilantro, add lime juice and salt to taste.
6. Serve with tortilla chips or sliced jicama