– 2 cups crushed strawberries (buy 1 qt. fully ripe strawberries)
– 4 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
– 3/4 cup water
– 1 pkg. SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin
1. Rinse 5 (1-cup) plastic containers and lids with boiling water.
2. Prepare strawberries. Discard stems. Crush strawberries thoroughly.
3. Measure exactly 2 cups prepared fruit into large bowl. Stir in sugar.
4. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
5. Mix water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
6. Continue boiling and stirring 1 min. Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 min. or until most the sugar is dissolved. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
7. Fill containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids.
8. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or in freezer up to 1 year. (If frozen, thaw in refrigerator before using.)
Notes from Sarah:
* Other fruits can be substituted but you need to refer to the instructions included in the package.
* This jam must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. It is not shelf stable.
* There is a lower sugar recipe. Refer to the instruction in the box.