Holiday Shrimp Dip from Prudhomme’s Lost Cajun Kitchen is quick and simple and great for dipping crackers and veggies!
– Six good sized shrimp (21-25 would do) Steam, peel and devein, chop coarsely
– 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened (lower fat avail)
– Scallions, 2-3 chopped fine
– 2-3 Tbsp. red onion, chopped fine
– 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
– 2-3 oz. cocktail sauce
– Cajun Seasoning or Old Bay, your choice to taste
– Jalapeno (optional) chopped fine
– 2 tsp. lemon juice, seeds removed
– pinch of basil
– pinch of paprika
1. Season the shrimp with your choice of seasoning on both sides. Using scant amount of oil or vegetable cooking spread, heat a griddle or cast iron pan to sear the shrimp, turning once, about two minutes each side. Cool & chop.
2. Add all ingredients to small bowl and mix completely, Add to small serving dish and top with dab of cocktail sauce and few pieces of chopped scallions.