Your gang will go “coconuts” over our sweet and moist Coconut Layer Cake. This is a favorite white cake recipe around our Test Kitchen, and whether for a holiday or anytime you want to impress, this one is a hit-maker!
What You’ll Need:
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup cream of coconut
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1 (16.25-ounce) package white cake mix
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (16-ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut, divided
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs. Add sour cream, oil, cream of coconut, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, beating until well blended. Add cake mix; beat at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed 1 minute, then pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
3. Bake 28 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy; add remaining vanilla, beating well. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Stir 2 cups flaked coconut into frosting.
5. Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
© 2015 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.