Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional Irish dish with a lot of history behind it, and while we really like eating it on St. Patrick’s Day, this one-pot, comfort food is good any day. In fact, our Fastest Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe is great for those in-a-hurry weeknight dinners!
What You’ll Need:
1 (3-pound) uncooked corned beef with pickling spices and liquid
2 1/2 cups water, divided
1 large head cabbage, quartered
4 large carrots, cut into 3-inch chunks
6 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
1. In a 6-quart or larger pressure cooker, place corned beef with cooking spices and liquid; add 2 cups water.
2. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 60 minutes. Perform a quick release. Remove corned beef and place on cutting board; cover to keep warm.
3. Add remaining water and remaining ingredients to pressure cooker. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 4 minutes. Perform a natural release.
4. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to a serving platter. Slice corned beef against grain and serve with vegetables.
Note: If using an electric pressure cooker, prepare as directed above except:
– In step 2, set timer for 60 minutes.
– In step 3, set timer for 4 minutes.
© 2015 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.