2 in critical condition following carbon monoxide incident in Lancaster

LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) – Officials say 7 people nearly died after a carbon monoxide incident Sunday in Lancaster.

Crews were called to a home on the 1900-block of Wilderness Road just before 5:00 a.m. for a report of several sick people.

Seven people inside the home were found in various degrees of distress. All were taken to Lancaster General Hospital, where two remain tonight in critical condition.

According to officials, a flue pipe from a basement furnace was displaced and venting carbon monoxide into the home, instead of outside.

Investigators say the home did not have any carbon monoxide detectors and are urging residents to install them in their homes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s