- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Cups cake or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup of Oak Flour
- 1 TBSP Tastealotta Sundried Tomato Salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 C of Tastealotta Sun Dried Tomatoes diced
- 1/4 C toasted pine nuts
- 1 C shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided.
- 1 ¼ C buttermilk
- 1/3 C of Tastealotta Basil Oil OIl
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, 2 TSP Sundried Tomato Salt, Basking soda, and remaining 1 Tsp pepper. Add buttermilk and mix until just combined. (Note: The mixture will be stick: add up to 2 TBSP additional flour if needed to help the mixture come together). Add the diced sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and 2/3 C cheese and mix until combined.
- Divided the dough into 8 equal portions and place on prepared pan. With a sharp knife. Cut an “X” in the top of each and sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp salt and remaining 1/3 C of cheese.
- Rotating pan halfway through, bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with Tastealotta Basil Olive Oil.
For more information on Tastealotta of Lemoyne and its fine olive oil , balsamic vinegars, spices, salts and accessories, please visit Tastealotta.com or call (717) 731-9900.