YORK, Pa. (WHTM) – Mayor Kim Bracey has declared a snow emergency for the City of York beginning Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The snow emergency means that vehicles must be removed from the following snow emergency routes:
– Market Street, City limit to City limit;
– Philadelphia Street, City limit to Carlisle Avenue;
– Queen Street, City limit to Arch Street;
– George Street, City limit to City limit;
– Princess Street, City limit to City limit;
– Duke Street, Jackson Street to North Street;
– W. King Street from S. Beaver to S. George Streets; and
– Beaver Street from North Street to W. College Avenue.
All vehicles must be removed from snow emergency routes by 7 p.m., or they will be ticketed and towed.
Free parking is available at the following locations:
– Lot #2 – 300 block of W. King Street;
– Lot #3 – 150 S. Duke Street;
– Lot #4 – Newton & Howard;
– Lot #7 – 600 block of West Mason Avenue;
– Lot #11 – Duke and Princess Street;
– Lot #12 – 700 block East Mason Avenue;
– Lot #14 – Penn and St. Paul Streets;
– Lot #17 – 200 block of W. Market Street rear (Mason Avenue);
– Allen Field Lot; and
– Lafayette Plaza – 200 W. Philadelphia Street.
Free parking for city residents on snow emergency routes is also available in the following city garages starting at 6 p.m. until the snow emergency is lifted:
– Market Street Garage – 41 East Market Street;
– Philadelphia Street Garage – 25 West Philadelphia Street; and
– King Street Garage – 15 West King Street.