Hellam Township home damaged by fire

YORK, Pa. (WHTM) – A York County home was damaged Tuesday morning in a fire that apparently was caused by wood burning stove.

A resident told ABC 27 News they were working on the stove when it began to let out smoke and ultimately set fire to the back corner of the house in the 600 block of Mount Pisgah Road in Hellam Township.

The residents and their pets escaped safely, although one resident sustained minor burns to their hands.

A volunteer firefighter was injured while responding to the fire when her pickup truck collided with a fire truck.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s