Enjoy this recipe for Greek-Style Stuffed Chicken Breast from Uniquely Greek.
1/2 container (about 3 oz.) Uniquely Greek Feta Spread (pick any flavor!)
2 large boneless chicken breasts
1 (16 oz.) bag of fresh spinach
1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
2 cups of seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Prepare the chicken breasts for your stuffing mixture by pounding the chicken breasts until they are thin and wide. Prepare your baking dish by brushing olive oil along the bottom of the pan. This will keep the chicken from sticking to the pan.
2. Be certain the spinach has been properly washed, then chop your spinach and set aside. With the underside of the breasts facing up, spread a thin layer of Uniquely Greek Feta Spread onto each chicken breast.
3. Add a mixture of spinach and crumbled feta cheese onto each chicken breast. Place the mixture at one end of the breast, but leave enough room so that you can completely wrap the breast around the mixture. Add a pinch each of salt, pepper and oregano to each breast/stuffing mixture, and wrap the chicken around the mixture. After you’ve wrapped the chicken around the mixture, continue to fold the breast until it is completely wrapped. Use a couple of toothpicks to hold each breast closed while cooking.
4. Place each breast in the pan and lightly brush them with olive oil. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the breasts and place an aluminum foil cover over the dish. Bake the chicken in the covered dish for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and bake the chicken for an additional 10 minutes.
5. After baking, place your broiler on high heat and broil the chicken for about 5 minutes.
6. For added flair and flavor: warm the Uniquely Greek Feta Spread, then lightly drizzle the spread on the plate just before plating the chicken. This will enhance the presentation while also providing a delightful dressing with which to enjoy your meal.