We’ve poured rich chocolate ganache over layers of smooth, creamy peanut butter, and moist chocolate cake to make this easy dessert showstopper. It’s what dreams are made of, which is why we call it our Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Cake!
What You’ll Need:
1 (15-1/4-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
6 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup chopped peanut butter cup candies
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bottoms of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Beat in sour cream. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, then remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely. Slice each cake in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
4. In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, milk, and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Place 1 cake layer on platter and spread one-quarter of frosting on top. Repeat with remaining cake layers and frosting and finish with frosting on top; set aside.
5. In a medium bowl, place chocolate chips. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth. Let cool 25 to 30 minutes in refrigerator, or until ganache begins to thicken. Pour ganache over cake and let drizzle down sides. Sprinkle with chopped candies and refrigerate 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.