Franklin Co. man gets life sentence for 2nd murder conviction

A Franklin County man has been convicted of first degree murder for the 1995 death of a 17-year-old Waynesboro girl.

Jeffrey Miles, 50, of State Line, will have an additional life sentence added to his prison time. Miles is already serving a life sentence for the 2010 stabbing of a Maryland woman.

Police say Miles led them to the remains of Angie Daley in July of 2010. Daley was a 17-year-old Waynesboro girl who went missing in 1995. Her remains were found in a wooded area along Route 16 in Washington Township, near the Antrim Township line.

Authorities had long believed Daley was a runaway, until Miles was arrested for the stabbing death of 29-year-old Kristy Dawn Hoke, of Hagerstown, Maryland. According to police, Miles also led investigators to Hoke’s body in a wooded area near the intersection of 9th Street and Clayton Avenue in Waynesboro.

Police recovered a notebook from Miles in which he made a reference to a 1995 killing of Daley, according to charging documents. A trooper then showed Miles a picture of Daley, asked him to give her family closure, and he agreed to take police to the body.

The court papers state that Miles admitted to hitting Daley in the head with a piece of 2×4 lumber while the two were at a house on Rabbit Road in Greencastle. Believing the blow had killed her, Miles told investigators he planned to dispose of her body at the wooded site off Route 16, but she popped up when he opened the trunk and said “Please don’t kill me.” He said he hit her two more times with the board, killing her.

A forensic report on Daley’s remains later confirmed that she was a homicide victim and died of blunt force trauma to her head.

According to court documents in the Hoke case, Miles admitted to a son and an acquaintance that he killed a woman and needed help disposing of the body.

Police said they later learned Miles was threatening suicide on the State Line Road Bridge over Interstate 81. He was taken into custody after three hours of negotiations.

Miles has been held without bail in the Franklin County Jail since his arrest in Hoke’s death. He was convicted of first-degree murder in November 2013 and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison with no chance of parole. He will now serve back to back life sentences for both convictions.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s