The name says it all! Whether it’s a holiday or any ordinary night of the week, you don’t need to spend hours making a delicious lasagna when you have the formula for making The Easiest Lasagna Ever!
What You’ll Need:
1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 pound uncooked lasagna noodles (1/2 of a 16-ounce box)
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup water
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, and the basil; set aside.
4. Pour half the spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish. Cover sauce with half the uncooked noodles; spread cheese mixture over noodles, then layer over that the sausage, mushrooms, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, remaining noodles, and remaining sauce. Pour 1/4 cup of water into each corner of baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
5. Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do not unseal the top until cooking time is complete.
6. Remove from oven, uncover, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese; bake 8 to 10 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted.
© 2013 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.